How to strengthen our network with Facebook
Make sure your organization has an organization page, not a friend page. The functionality is different so it is important to have the right one.
Know your administrator
o Organizations can only have pages if they have real human beings with profiles as admins.
o If you’re not the admin for your organization’s page, make sure they know you’re a member of BANC and get them onboard (in fact, you should do this with ALL your staff!)
We need to like each other for best results.
- This is a good way to curate and show off your affiliations.
- BANC likes all member organizations with pages. This makes it easy to share members’ posts through the BANC page. True collaboration would entail members all sharing each others’ posts.
- The best way to do this is to go to BANC’s website on the public member listing, where I have listed all member websites and Facebook pages. (http://banc.memberlodge.com/members1) Make sure you do this while logged in as your organization! For extra bonus points, go through and like them all when you’re signed in as yourself. This will cause those organizations’ updates to appear in your news feed.
- Remember to share each others’ events and postings of interest, especially if it’s done by an organization that you’re collaborating with!
- Also remember to tag others in your posts. You can tag anyone you like by simply typing the @ symbol before starting to type their name. Easy! Then your post will automatically appear on their wall, which can be seen by their admins and whoever else visits their wall. They will see that you’ve tagged them and can comment or like it. Then the circle of social networking is complete.
Make yourself go viral
o The more active you are, the more people will see what you’re up to.
o Make sure to comment, like, and share on others’ pages. When you do that, the friends/fans of the recipient of those likes and comments see your name. If they are interested in you, they can automatically click on you and like you.